to steel strapping. The latest generation of super tough, high tensile PET cord strap, eliminates the "hidden costs" of steel banding - such as damaged products, injury, downtime, workmen's compensation, tooling and repair costs.
Woven polyester cord strapping provides the same performance as steel strap, at a fraction of the cost. Recent studies have shown, that with a yield per roll three times that of steel, some companies are saving up to 78% by converting to polyester strapping. Also known as PET strapping (polyethylene terephthalate) it is as strong as steel but six times lighter. And with higher elongation and shock absorbance properties, will not lose its tension if the load contracts or expands. The standard 16mm strap width will provide a breaking strain of around 600kgs and is ideal for many heavy duty applications.
To make sure you get the best performance from polyester strapping, take a look at our range polyester strapping tools and dispensers.
Read these top 10 reasons to switch to polyester:
- PET strap has no sharp edges to damage your products or forklift tyres
- Polyester can be used on heavier loads traditionally strapped with steel
- No sharp edges and polyester does not spring back like steel banding
- Polyester strap has a very high capacity to absorb shocks during transport
- PET cord strap is non-toxic and will not corrode, rust or stain
- Polyester retains its initial tension ensuring stability of loaded pallets
- Heavy-grade polyester strapping is stronger than light grade steel strap
- Polyester strapping will not degrade under sunlight as rapidly as polyprop
- PET cord is cheaper with up to 3 times more strapping per roll than steel
- Polyester strap will not stretch under load as much as polypropylene