How to make a cardboard Christmas Tree!
Make your own cardboard Christmas tree in 8 easy steps!
We’ve been feeling festive here in the Davpack offices, and we thought we’d share the spirit! If you’ve read some of our previous blog posts, you’ll understand the importance of choosing the right packaging and in particular, cardboard boxes. This post’s a little different – all you need to make the perfect 3D cardboard Christmas tree is an old/spare cardboard box!
Follow these simple steps to make your own 3D cardboard Christmas tree!
What you’ll need:
- 1 (flattened) cardboard box
- Your choice of decorations (markers, glitter, tinsel etc)
- Christmas music (optional)
How to make your festive tree:
1. Draw a Christmas tree on one side of your box & carefully cut around it 2. On another side of the box, use your tree as a stencil to draw around and cut out a second tree
3. Roughly mark the centre of both trees
4. On your first tree make a vertical cut from the bottom of the trunk up to the centre point
5. Make a cut from the top of your second tree down to the centre point
6. Carefully slot together, trying not to bend the cardboard. If your tree is a little wobbly,
cut a small amount of tape and place over the top of the tree and press down to secure.
7. Out of the spare cardboard cut-out a square base and tape to the bottom of your tree
8. Now the fun part… Get creative and decorate your tree!
Finally, a massive thanks to all our blog readers for a great a year, we’ll see you in the New Year for more packaging related posts!
Latest posts by Remy Courtois (see all)
- 6 Ways To Reduce Business Costs - 15th December 2020
- Getting Ready For Moving Day - 21st August 2020
- 5 Reasons To Choose Davpack For your Packaging Supplies - 12th August 2020